A premium, Italian crafted, custom tubed, Dedacciai Aluminium framed bike with many of the advanced features of modern carbon bikes, but offering way more. Thru-Axle front and rear with the latest 'Flat-Mount Disc' brakes, adaptable internal routing, Electronic shifting and 1x gearing options and clearance for larger tyres and mudguards mean our bikes are perfect for getting your head down and knocking off the miles in all seasons and across all surfaces.
Definition2 Now In Stock, with Thru-Axle/Flat-Mount front and rear and featuring our 'Aperture2' Thru-Axle fork.
These hugely adaptable, spirited, Italian crafted Definition frame sets, We decided to really focus on a niche that we believe is under-developed and give it our full attention to produce the absolute best product possible. '4Season Dominance' is the tagline for these bikes.
The bikes are designed to take full advantage of the exciting new developments in braking and shifting technology and are built using what we consider to be the ideal component mix at each level.
We are not building down to a price, so we use full groupsets, not a mix of different levels like many brands. The idea is that the bikes are built up to a performance standard, not down to a price point, they are designed to last a long time and the modern features mean they won't date fast and can be updated as your needs and riding style changes.
These bikes are designed to go a long way in comfort, the geometry is designed for stability at speed and when loaded and the slacker, but not too slack, angles work perfectly with disc brakes and perform dependably on a variety of surfaces, on and off road. Longer head tubes mean you are not too head-down for comfort, but they are a sensible length to ensure that power isn't compromised when accelerating and climbing.
Above all, we worked to ensure the Definition has an engaging and spirited ride that makes you want to come back to the bike and take it far and fast. That really is the essence of this premium aluminium model.
All builds are centered on our Definition2 frameset.
Builds start with the Definition Alu with 105/Mechanical. All options are shown below, we hold a stock of components to build all levels except the DuraAce, Di2/Hydro which will be special order only.
Our Component Choice
- Shimano and SRAM Drivetrain and braking: The stop and go hardware had to be the most efficient, advanced and durable, be perfectly compatible and mean business, so the progressive components from Shimano and SRAM were the only choice here.
- Alternative gear ratios and crank lengths may be available at your request - please contact us to discuss your options.
- Deda stem, bars and headset: We love the shape, comfort and function of the Deda component range and they compliment the Italian built frames beautifully. We specify sizes for each frame size, but we can usually adjust this for your requirement.
- Fabric saddle and tape: We searched long and hard for saddles and tape that offered the function and form to match our bikes. As soon as we discovered the UK designed, understated, high-tech functionality of the Fabric components the decision was made.
- Hunt Wheels: We needed the perfect wheelset for our first bikes, so we worked with HUNT Bike Wheels to design our own. A match made in heaven.
- Mason Clamp and Post: Lightweight, simplicity, durability and style were required here, so we specified our own.