The unique brief: A thoroughly modern, Italian made, Columbus steel, Multi-Surface, performance bike that excels across all seasons and many disciplines. The latest Thru-Axle/Flat-Mount refinement, adaptable internal routing, electronic shifting options and clearance for large volume tyres and mudguards. The buttery smooth ride of steel but with a stiff kick when you accelerate. It’s all here.
ALL BUILDS NOW INCLUDE THE THRU-AXLE/FLAT-MOUNT RESOLUTION2 FRAMESET. WE ARE WORKING NOW TO UPDATE ALL WEBSITE PICTURES AND SPEC.
These modern steel bikes are based around our Italian crafted Resolution2 frame sets. We decided to really focus on a niche that we believe is under-developed and give it our full attention to produce the absolute best product possible. #FastFar has become the tagline for these uniquely progressive bikes. This is a thoroughly modern, Multi-Surface, Continent Crushing, Ultra-Endurance, Se4son, adventure machine. Capable of keeping you fresh and engaged whilst crossing a country or delivering you swiftly home at the front of the club run.
With the first Mason Resolution and Definition models, we were excited and spurred on by advances and new thinking in braking, transmissions, wheels and tyres. The first Mason bikes embraced the revolution in disc-brakes, large volume tyres, disc-brake specific and tubeless ready wheels and adaptable internal routing for hydraulics and electronic shifting.
We are not building down to a price, so we use full groupsets, not a mix of different levels like many brands. The idea is that the bikes are built up to a performance standard, not down to a price point, they are designed to last a long time and the modern features mean they won't date fast and can be updated as your needs and riding style changes.
These bikes are designed for serious adventures, in speed and comfort. The geometry is designed for stability at speed and when loaded and the slacker, but not too slack, angles work perfectly with disc brakes and perform dependably on a variety of surfaces, on and off road. Longer head tubes mean you are not too head-down for comfort, but they are a sensible length to ensure that power isn't compromised when accelerating and climbing.
Above all, we worked to ensure the Resolution maintains the matchless ride of steel that makes you want to come back to the bike and take it far, but stiff enough to entice speed. That really is the essence of our steel model.
All builds are now centered around our new Resolution2 frameset.
Resolution builds start with 105/Mechanical. All options are shown below and you can also specify the various builds as shown in our Definition section. We hold a stock of components to build all levels except the DuraAce, Di2/Hydro which will be special order only.
We'll set-up the front brake to be operated by the Right Hand lever for all UK destinations. Please notify us and we'll set-up your bicycle with Front Brake/Left Hand upon request. Please state in 'Order Notes' how you would like them set-up.
Our Component Choice
- Shimano or SRAM Drivetrain and braking: The stop and go hardware has to be cutting edge and the most efficient and durable available. All components must be perfectly compatible and mean business, so Shimano and SRAM were the only choices here. Alternative gear ratios and component dimensions are available at your request - please contact us to discuss your options.
- Deda stem, bars and headset: We love the shape, comfort and function of the Deda component range and they compliment the Italian built frames beautifully. We specify sizes for each frame size, but we can usually adjust this for your requirement.
- Fabric saddle and tape: We searched long and hard for saddles and tape that offered the function and form to match our bikes. As soon as we discovered the UK designed, understated, high-tech functionality of the Fabric components the decision was made.
- Hunt Wheels: We needed the perfect wheelset for our first bikes, so we worked with HUNT Bike Wheels to design our own, we have now done so again for our Bokeh bikes. A match made in heaven.
- Mason Clamp and Post: Lightweight, simplicity, durability and style were required here, so we specified our own.
- TRP Mechanical disc brakes: TRP produce the best mechanical disc brakes, they work perfectly with Shimano controls, so they make perfect sense for our entry level bikes.