Definition Red AXS 2X
The revolutionary SRAM AXS groupset is a leap forwards in multi-surface bicycle technology. Developed in response to serious riders going faster and further than before and into rugged territory found way beyond the end of the road.
World leading 12spd. wireless electronic shifting, advanced braking wheelsets and tyres, with our test winning, Italian crafted Definition2 frameset at its heart. This stunning bicycle firmly underlines the 'Progressive' in our brand's title.
A radical approach to gear ratios and a progressive new design ethos with the adventurous rider in mind has resulted in the ultimate #FastFar groupset - SRAM's Red AXS. Partnered up with our award-winning Definition frameset, THIS is the cutting-edge in a multi-surface/all-season bike. An increase in gear range and a smoother progression through the sprockets, all made possible by unique 12spd. cassettes and non-traditional chainrings.
This bike is not bounded by roads only, and adding some rough-terrain to your road rides is well within the Definition Red AXS's multi-surface remit. The newly developed 'Orbit' chain management system utilises a fluid clutch system to reduce chain slap and noise to a minimum, keeping it totally secure when the gravel gets going. Its self-adjusting derailleurs trim automatically so eliminating cage rub and making sure you are running at the most efficient at all times. Shifting is almost effortless which pays big dividends when taking on long adventures and ultra-endurance rides.
Wireless gear shift systems eliminate the remove the risk of a gear cable breaking or a wire failing, and the complete lack of any external wiring makes the bike extremely easy to clean, there is nothing to snag and combined with the internal brake-hose routing means there is nothing to hinder the fitting of frame bags and packs.
The specific RED AXS HRD calipers on this bike have an extremely refined modulation. The brake levers also have independent contact point and reach adjustments so you can really dial-in your position on the bike. Perfect fit means reduced fatigue allowing you to remain fresher, stay on the bike for longer and travel further. The eTap system offers complete customisation over shift speed and is programmable for shifting behaviour.
This incredibly refined and advanced bicycle is available with any of the award-winning Hunt Bike Wheels range including the 'Mason X Hunt 4Season Disc' or the HUNT '30Carbon AeroDisc' wheelsets.
- Dedacciai, custom formed, triple-butted performance Aluminium frame with Mason Aperture2 full carbon Thru-Axle/Flat-Mount fork and our Thru-Axle/Flat-Mount dropouts.
- Red AXS 12spd: The most intuitive high performance groupset. Totally wireless electronic integration, unparalleled control and propgressive gearing.
- Deep Range gearing tech. has a smoother progession through the gears and wider range too.
- CNC'd and integrated chainring designs are lighter, stiffer and more durable.
- Front and Rear Mechs feature AXS personalization technology.
- 'Orbit' Fluid Clutch chain management technology keeps drivetrain totally secure and silent.
- HydroHC, AXS-enabled brake system is fully customisable and refined for AXS.
- RED XG-1290 Cassette benefits from Deep Range gearing - a smoother progression throughout the range.
- Inspired Flattop technology enables a narrower chain with quieter operation and increased strength and durability.
- Deda Elementi SuperZero, internally routed, carbon handlebar and SuperZero stem.
- Large volume Schwalbe tyres designed for maximum speed, ride quality and all-surface control. Supplied tubeless.
- Specially developed, Mason x Hunt 4Season V2 wheelset. Now updated with a wider rim and reflective details.
- Carbon Mason Penta microadjust post and Mason Macro clamp.
- Fully and discretely eyeletted for rack and ‘guards.
- Clearance for full mudguards with 30mm tyres.
Our frame sets deserve the best components, so we put a great deal of thought into the mix of parts used for each bike build. Bars, stem and crankset are sized to match frame size choice, but we can sometimes make sizing adjustments at your request. We can also supply our complete bikes with alternative gearing options, please contact us to discuss this.
We'll set-up the front brake to be operated by the Right Hand lever for all UK destinations. For destinations outside of the UK, we'll set-up your bicycle with Front Brake/Left Hand as standard. It's no problem for us to set-up the brakes in your own chosen configuration, please state in 'Order Notes' how you like 'em.
See full geometry chart for details.